Date of posting: 6 May 2019
Update: This position has been filled as of 31 May 2019.
The Philippine Legislators’ Committee on Population and Development Foundation, Inc. (PLCPD), with the support of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), seeks to contribute on mainstreaming demographic dividend as a lens- and its harnessing a goal- in policymaking. In this light, PLCPD is looking for a consultant who will conduct bill mapping and environment scanning of demographic dividend related bills and policies.
The policy scanning and bill mapping hope to map existing policies and laws on that may contribute to demographic dividend, to identify the gaps in the current policy environment, and to provide recommendations to further mainstream demographic dividend in legislation.
Specifically, this paper seeks to look into the following:
- the country’s key demographic indicators;
- existing laws (enacted within the last decade or those that were enacted before but remain landmark in their area) whose meaningful implementation would contribute to demographic dividend
- mapping of demographic dividend-oriented bills in the 17th Congress (2016-2019) and action that needs to be taken to pursue these bills in the 18th Congress (2019-2022); and
- recommendations to further mainstream demographic dividend as a lens for policymakers and implementers.
The output of the bill mapping and environment scanning will serve as the starting point for a policy agenda and advocacy action for demographic dividend in the 18th Congress.
Tasks of the consultant
Under the guidance of PLCPD, the consultant shall:
- propose the outline of the paper,
- design the research framework and methodology,
- conduct data-gathering,
- prepare the analysis and recommendations,
- prepare the final paper,
- present the final paper, and
- perform other pertinent tasks.
May 31, 2019 – Contract signing with consultant
June 24, 2019 – Submission and presentation of first draft of policy mapping
July 1, 2019 – Submission and presentation of second draft of policy mapping
Terms of payment to consultant
The consultant will be paid in the following tranches:
- 40% upon signing of the contract and agreement on deliverables and timelines
- 30% upon submission and presentation of the first draft
- 30% upon submission and presentation of the final version.
The consultant may be an individual or an organization who has an experience conducting research in the area of population and human development. Minimum qualifications:
1. Graduate/Post-graduate or equivalent qualification in social sciences, public health, international development, or relevant discipline
2. Has documented experience and background on research
3. Knowledgeable about and has work experience in the field of population and human development
How to apply
Interested parties may send their letter of intent, curriculum vitae or organizational profile, and a proposal containing the proposed work plan and a description of their capacity to implement through email at firstname.lastname@example.org (copy: email@example.com) not later than 17 May 2019. Please address your email to Mr. Romeo Dongeto, executive director.