Date of posting: 13 February 2019
Deadline of application: 23 February 2019
The Philippine Legislators’ Committee on Population and Development Foundation, Inc. (PLCPD), a non-government advocacy organization composed of national legislators, is looking for a highly committed individual to fill the position of Media and Communications Officer.
The primary tasks of the Media and Communications Officer are the following:
- development and implementation of information and media campaign plan for legislative advocacies of the institution,
- coordination and networking with media organizations and individuals,
- development of media releases and statements for the organization’s priority issues and advocacy campaigns,
- person-to-person advocacy and provision of technical assistance to PLCPD members and policy champions on matters related to media advocacy,
- assistance in or management of high-impact and creative advocacy activities of the organization, and
- management/implementation of short-term and strategic communication projects and activities of the institution.
- graduate of Development Communication, Communication Arts, Journalism, or any Social Science course
- has excellent interpersonal skills
- familiar with writing basic media releases (advisory, press briefer, press release)
- proficient in oral and written communications in both English and Filipino
- preferably known in the media circuit or has links with media
- at least two years of experience related to media work
- computer literate
Interested parties may send their letter of application and curriculum vitae until 23 February 2019 (Friday) to:
Mr. Romeo C. Dongeto, Executive Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (copy: email@example.com)
Here is the detailed job description and competency requirements for the position.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 26 February 2019.