JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Advocacy and Partnerships Officer
February 13, 2019
Date of posting: 13 February 2019
The Philippine Legislators’ Committee on Population and Development Foundation, Inc. (PLCPD) is looking for an individual who is interested to work full time as advocacy and partnerships officer. The advocacy and partnerships officer will be assigned to handle advocacy for multiple issues related to human development, particularly on promoting a smoke-free environment and health, rural development, children’s rights, and gender equality. Experience in and passion for advocacy work is required.
Interested applicants may send their CV and letter of application addressed to Mr. Romeo Dongeto, executive director, to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com).
• Implements advocacy activities and ensures completion of project deliverables.
• Develops and implements a legislative advocacy plan for the assigned issues.
• Develops and builds issue champions among PLCPD and non-PLCPD members
• Renders efficient technical support and mobilize legislators in advocacy activities.
• Builds and sustains partnerships with civil society stakeholders, legislative committees, executive agencies and international development agencies
• Monitors the movement and support for the assigned bills
• Participates in technical working groups and conducts quick political mapping on priority measures.
• Develops advocacy messages and writes press releases, position papers, and policy memos for legislators.
• Participates in defining research objectives and contributes in project development and institutional sustainability including writing of project proposals and participation to fundraising activities.
• Generates activity and project reports.
Skills and Competencies:
• At least two (2) years experience in legislative and policy advocacy work
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills