Job Announcement: Advocacy and Partnerships Officer
February 1, 2023
Posting date: 1 February 2023
PLCPD is looking for an individual who is interested to work full-time as Advocacy and Partnerships Officer (APO).
Interested applicants may send their CV and letter of application to email@example.com. Address your communication to Mr. Romeo Dongeto, Executive Director. Deadline of applications is on February 15, 2023.
Main Functions of the Advocacy and Partnerships Officer:
- Develops and implements a legislative advocacy plan for the assigned issues
- Implements advocacy activities and ensures completion of project deliverables
- Develops and builds issue champions among PLCPD and non-PLCPD members in Congress
- Renders efficient technical support and mobilizes legislators in advocacy activities
- Builds and sustains partnerships with stakeholders from national and local legislative bodies, executive agencies, and civil society organizations as well as international development agencies
- Monitors the movement and support for the assigned bills
- Participates in technical working groups and conducts political mapping on priority measures
- Responsible for maintaining the brand image of PLCPD through monitoring advocacy campaigns and social media platforms.
- Handle press releases, social media management, media outreach, reviewing digital contents, and disseminating public communications to appropriate audience.
- Develops advocacy messages and writes press releases, position papers, and policy memos for legislators
- Participates in defining the research objectives of the organization and contributes to project development and institutional sustainability
- Generates activity and project reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience in advocacy and communications work
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills