For legislators, PLCPD membership means…
- Regular interaction with advocates from civil society and government agencies
- Access to the latest studies and data on population and human development
- Access to the population and human development community—international and local NGOs, academic and research institutions, and LGUs;
- Interaction with parliamentary colleagues worldwide through regular meetings and conferences abroad;
- Study visits to other countries to observe ongoing policy initiatives on population and human development;
- Assistance in the preparation of speeches on population and human development through the provision of materials and data;
- Assistance in the drafting of bills, resolutions, and position papers regarding population and human development;
- Training and orientation of legislative staff on a wide array of topics, including basic and advanced communication trainings; policy development and analysis, and leadership courses; and orientation seminars on legislative advocacy and the legislative process.
- Assistance in media interaction and projection; and
- Access to popular information materials on population and human development for distribution to constituency.
For advocates, partnership with PLCPD means…
- Regular interaction with policy champion-legislators who are committed and knowledgeable on population and human development issues;
- Access to legislative processes of Philippine Congress;
- Participation in the joint legislator-civil society advocacy monitoring mechanism;
- Access to various advocacy services such as trainings, researches; and communications.
For Local Legislators, LGUs, and local stakeholders
- Conduct of advocacy campaigns;
- Budget advocacy;
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring, and evaluation;
- Stakeholders’ policy dialogues;
- Documentation of leadership and governance best practices for promotion and replication; and
- Facilitation of study tours in leading local governments with successful population and human development programs.