Date of posting: 18 October 2021
Deadline for submission of applications: 17 November 2021
The Philippine Legislators’ Committee on Population and Development (PLCPD), with the support of the United Nations Population Fund, is looking for a firm/consortium to be the service provider for the conduct of the Philippine Population and Development Situation Analysis.
Objectives of the consultancy
The consultancy aims to develop a full and in-depth analysis of the country’s demographic situation within the context of various sectoral development variables using available data that will serve as the basis for the identification of policy and strategic measures that will be considered in the Philippine Population and Development Plan of Action (PPDPoA) for 2022-2028, in the Philippine Development Plan, and the proposed National Population and Development Policy. It aims to:
- synthesize the findings of existing assessments, reports and other documents and provide an integrated appraisal of sexual and reproductive health, population dynamics, including the shifts in population age structure, and their relationship with social, economic, political and cultural processes in the country;
- examine, analyze and interpret from the existing assessments, key population and SRH challenges confronting the country, specifically on poverty incidence, Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH), Family Planning (FP) and Maternal health (MH).
- develop and analyze current and projected trends and patterns of population outcomes and processes in the country;
- understand the interrelationships of these emerging population dynamics with the various sectoral development (e.g., health, agriculture, food security, education, employment, urbanization, etc.) in the country at the national and sub-national levels;
- identify major gaps in current national and sub-national policies and programs in view of the current and projected Population and Development (POPDEV) situations; and
- recommend key areas for strategic, program and policy actions or directions that can be integrated or considered in the formulation of the National POPDEV Policy, the PPDPoA for 2022-2028, and UNFPA’s Country Programme Document.
- The Consulting Firm should provide evidence of institutional competency in carrying out the engagement as well as the competencies of each consultant who will be fielded to the project.
- The firm should have been in the research consulting industry for at least five (5) years and has at least three (3) years of actual consulting engagements; and
- With prior experience in working with government and non-government organizations in similar capacity
- The Principal/Lead Consultant and Specialist must have Post-graduate University Degree or equivalent (preferably Ph. D.) in statistics, demography, economics or related social sciences fields or equivalent in medical sciences. public health or related fields; and a minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in population, demography, health/ public health, or related researches;
- In-depth knowledge of population dynamics, health systems and health service delivery modalities, national health policies, reproductive health, and development related issues and challenges in the country;
- Specialization and/or significant experience in one of the programmatic areas covered by the analysis (population and development, census, policy engagement);
- Significant knowledge and experience of conducting meta-analysis in the field of development aid for UN agencies (with particular focus on population and development and reproductive health) and/or other international organizations
How to apply
Interested parties are requested to submit a detailed proposal with the following information:
- Work plan reflecting all items Scope of Work, Expected Outputs and Payment Schedule of this Terms of Reference
- Cost proposal
- Company/organization profile showing outputs related to development of a comprehensive or interagency action plan
- List of top three clients with similar project engagement with contact person’s details, name and date of the projects handled, and brief scope of work of the project
Send your proposal to Mr. Romeo Dongeto, Executive Director of PLCPD, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17 November 2021, 5:00 PM.
For reference, download the Terms of Reference with detailed list of outputs, qualifications, and proposal evaluation criteria here.